Thursday, March 5, 2009

Personnel Concepts and the Digital Approach

Personnel Concepts, the virtual founder of the labor law poster industry with its trademarked All-On-One approach, is now catching up with the fact that we live in a digital age. Insiders tell me that a big push is on to convert many products to digital format and also, sometime in the near future, to make these available as instant downloads, saving customers both time and shipping charges.

Already, Personnel Concepts has come out with two digital kits, one to create a fire prevention plan (required by OSHA) and another to produce an emergency action plan (ditto on OSHA). I haven't seen the products work, but I'm told that the end-user just answers a bunch of on-screen questions (after popping in and loading the CD), and the program goes to work creating the documents to be printed out and distributed to the workforce. Next up, I hear, is an Ea-zY Forms Creator (cute, that a-to-z part, but they had to explain it to me!) that encompasses many of the routine forms that employers use frequently.

Check out the products here and here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Do we know how the products compare to other competitors. I think the move would be great however some companies have nothing but CD products. Eventually it becomes overwhelming. What kind of customer service do they offer for their products.

Anonymous said...

Who has used these kits before. Are they good for anything. I have always know Personnel Concepts for Labor Law Posters and Osha Safety Posters. What they should do is have a down load service in the form of a subscription. i.e. get the latest updates sent to you in email.

I agree the Ea-zY took me a second also to figure out. Creative but I don't think everyone will get it if they aren't as sharp as you and me. Hopefully they can market this right and it will succeed.

Get Off My Back said...

Yeah, they call me the blunt-edged sword, or alternately, the dim lightbulb. LOL

Anonymous said...

I purchased the Fire Prevention program. It was so easy I started to second guess if it was even worth the $80 I paid for it. Then I realized I would of never know where to start. Great alternative and I'm glad I bought. It would be nice if they would put all these products together in a all-in-one format like their labor law posters.

Anonymous said...

I also bought their Fire Prevention CD/DVD. I recommend these products for medium and small size businesses. If you're an experienced HR person you could use this for a large corporation though I think some might find it a little more difficult to implement with thousands of employee and hundreds of locations.

Anonymous said...

If they could do this with their labor law posters we could stop killing trees.

For a while I always heard about this paper less corporation movement...then it died. With CD products I think this kind of thinking might bring life to that situation.

Get Off My Back said...

Unfortunately, labor law posters have to be displayed, so that means trees must die in the name of government regulation.

Anonymous said...

Great move toward the paperless movement. Love the idea and can't wait for more from Personnel Concepts